Keep your eye on the sky with Storm by Weather Underground. High definition radar, advanced storm cell tracking and real-time severe weather alerts make this the best app to have by your side when a front is closing in. View current conditions, daily or hourly forecasts at a glance, or swipe up for a more detailed view. Now available free for iPhone and iPad!
RADAR: Storm is equipped with the highest resolution radar available (250m) and allows you to view animations of past, present, and future activity. Our single site sweeping feature gives you the option to choose the radar site nearest your current location and receive real-time reports on reflectivity and velocity.
STORM TRACKS: Storm Tracks utilize the most advanced severe weather algorithms available to provide a detailed analysis of an impending storm. This includes a storm strength rating, a list showing all the potential components of the storm (such as wind, hail, lightning, and tornadoes), the speed and direction of the storm, populated cities in its path, the precipitation rate, and much more.
ALERTS: Customizable push notifications and in-app alerts notify you of incoming lightning, precipitation, and NWS polygonal warnings within up to a 30 mile radius. You can also view severe weather warnings and advisories for conditions such as flooding, gales, tornadoes, severe thunderstorms, tropical storms, winters storms, and more as layers on the full screen map.
MAP/LAYERS: Storm’s full screen map comes with a variety of customizable data layers, overlays, and severe weather warnings. Available data layers include radar, satellite, road weather, wind speed, temperature, water temperature, and snow cover. Overlays include storm tracks, lightning, personal weather stations, windstream, fronts, tropical tracks, and earthquakes.
FORECAST: Get current conditions, daily and hourly forecasts, historical highs and lows, and more in list view or graphical chart view.
AND MORE…: Share a screenshot of the weather in your area directly from your mobile device to Twitter, Facebook, email, or an iMessage.
**See your current forecast and the weather alerts in your area at a glance with the weather widget
**Additional in-app subscriptions are available for the removal of ads.
**Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• The highest resolution (250m) radar showing interactive animations for past and future data
• Single site sweeping radar: get near real-time data from each site, with options for viewing both reflectivity and velocity
• Storm Tracks: keep an eye on the storm using the most advanced severe weather algorithms available
• Push notifications and in-app alerts for precipitation, lightning, and detailed NWS polygonal warnings within a customizable radius
• Hyper-local weather data powered by Weather Underground's network of over 100,000 personal weather stations
• Full screen map with customizable data layers including: animated surface and jetstream level winds, earthquakes, fronts, tropical data, severe weather alerts, and more
• Tap or swipe up on current conditions, daily or hourly forecasts to view more detailed weather data in list or graph view
• Additional in-app subscriptions for removal of ads
• Social weather: share the storm tracking and radar data with your friends and family via text message, email, Facebook, or Twitter
• Today widget for iOS 8 showing real-time alerts for lightning, precipitation, and NWS updates
• Available for iPhone and iPad